- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line the muffin tin using paper baking cups.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, and baking soda, scraping the bowl with a spatula.
- In a separate small bowl, using a fork, beat together the egg and vanilla; add to creamed mixture. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the milk and then gradually add the whole wheat flour and lightly stir the ingredients together just until combined. Don’t overmix your muffin batter!
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake 20 minutes or until browned.