- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon dulce de leche extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, oat bran, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, sugar, and chocolate chips. Stir to combine dry ingredients.
- Add in skim milk, egg, and vanilla, stir just until wet.
- Slowly pour in coconut oil, stir just until combined.
- Pour muffin batter into a muffin pan lined with cupcake wrappers.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full and bake in the oven 15-20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean from the center of the muffins