- 8 large fresh strawberries,
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 drop red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray cupcake cups with cooking spray.
- Place 8 strawberries into a blender, and blend until smooth. Pour the puree through a strainer to remove seeds. Puree should equal about 3/4 cup. Set the puree aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, white sugar, vegetable oil, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, lemon zest, and strawberry puree until well combined. Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla pudding mix (for a moister cake), and red food coloring to reach a desired shade of pink. Spoon the batter into the prepared pans,
- Bake in the preheated oven until the mini cakes have risen and a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 23 minutes. Allow the mini cakes to cool at least 10 minutes before decorating, top with sliced strawberry!
TIP: Gel food coloring would work better on this recipe #Wilton recommended.