- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoons Lemon extract
- 1 3/4 cups Whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line muffin cups with paper liners.
- Cream sugar and 1/2 cup butter in the bowl of a stand mixer until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and mix 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and lemon extract into mixture.
- Beat in flour and baking powder until thoroughly combined; beat in milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest to make a smooth batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cupcake edges are slightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool cupcakes completely.